Website Summerstar Tourist Parks
Management (Hospitality & Tourism)
Summerstar has two positions available for one couple, to work as Assistant Managers.
These are full-time roles, at the Tom Price Caravan Park located in Tom Price, Western Australia.
Summerstar Tourist Parks is a group of family-owned and operated Australian caravan parks, tourist parks and a Motel. We operate in the following locations:
Ceduna, Esperance, Walpole, Margaret River, Busselton, Bunbury, Jurien Bay, Geraldton, Horrocks Beach, Kalbarri, Carnarvon, Eighty Mile Beach, Broome & Tom Price.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, ‘hands-on’ couple with a positive outlook and good people skills. One of you will have strengths in the office and the other will be strong in grounds & handy-person maintenance tasks.
Common tasks performed by the Assistant Park Managers include but are not limited to:
- Park Operations, organisation and management, including ‘out of hours’ responsibilities
Grounds & Maintenance Role
- Completion of groundskeeping tasks to ensure a high standard is maintained throughout the park via the mowing of lawns, garden maintenance, painting, stripping rooms, bins etc.
- Assisting with managing the Park’s maintenance and capital works
- Assisting with managing the Park’s environmental program
- Assisting with managing the Park’s security program
Office, Admin, Shop & Housekeeping Role
- Reception and on-site shop duties, answering the phone & check-ins/outs
- Greet guests via phone and in person in a friendly and courteous manner
- Accurately take and record reservation information, process deposit information and provide guests with confirmation correspondence
- Managing Park operations and covering the Park Management couple, during periods of annual leave, weekly RDO’s, and other absences as required
- Ensure smooth operation of the Park by managing issues as they arise
- Assisting Park tenants and guests
- Cleaning of rooms and amenities
- Laundry and folding of linen
- Servicing of rooms during stays
Essential skills and attributes:
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Competent handyman and office skills
- Physically fit
- Willingness to learn, and to take direction
- Sound understanding of business fundamentals
- Computer literate with RMS (or similar) experience
- Tourist or Caravan Park experience is preferred but not essential if you meet the other criteria
These are both ‘hands-on’ roles. As Assistant Park Managers of Tom Price Caravan Park, you will be required to personally undertake the full range of Park tasks. The Assistant Managers will work under the guidance and direction of the Park Managers, and you will be also working with a great team of casual staff.
Immediate Start available
The successful applicant couples, must either currently hold a police clearance, first aid certificate & driver’s licence, or be able to acquire before the arranged start date.
Furnished accommodation, (including power & water) is included (at a nominal charge – $12.50 per week, per person) as part of the package.
Please direct any enquiries or send your application with both CV’s, to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org