Website Discovery Holiday Parks
Job no: 83888
- Discounts across the G’day Group of Properties
- Commuter or live on island positions available
- The ultimate stay-cation!
Nestled into the sand dunes in one of the most relaxed and breathtaking coastal locations in Australia, Discovery Parks is bringing to life Rottnest Islands first glamping experience. Featuring 83-luxury units across several service levels, a resort style pool and two restaurants and bars.
This is the newest property in the Discovery Parks portfolio. Discovery Parks are the largest owner and operator of holiday parks in Australia, and the industry leader. We own and operate over 65 Discovery branded holiday and workforce Parks, and also own the G’day network of parks – taking our portfolio to in excess of 250 parks nationally. We directly employ over 1,500 people across Australia.
As a Cook, you will be responsible for providing an efficient and cost-effective food service within our Pinkys Beach Club. Operate the smooth day-to-day running of a Commercial Kitchen consisting of a rotating roster over breakfast, lunch & dinner, with consistent superior guest focus at the forefront of all activities. As a Cook you will achieve this through implementing a strong service focus and ensuring that efficient standards and practices are employed. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.
You will be responsible for providing delicious meals according to menu for guests residing at the Park. You will also liaise with front of house staff to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of daily services.
These positions can be offered to live on the island or you have the option to commute via ferry.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Passion and knowledge for quality food and wine,
- Previous Chef experience and cooking in a similar environment
- Formal trade qualifications in commercial cooking or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to work within a team and autonomously
- Ability to prep and organise ahead
- HACCP experience essential, with a high emphasis on food hygiene
- Current First Aid Certificate is desirable
- Excellent time management skills
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends across the G’Day network of parks
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
We believe in creating experiences that people will always want more of. Inspiring and share worthy; the real stuff memories are made of.
How to Apply
Discovery what matters – APPLY NOW! Visit the careers page at www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au or via the link below.
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police and Working With Children Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges.
To apply for this job please visit www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au.