Are you ready for your next big adventure based at the heart of Australia’s iconic Red Centre – Ayers Rock – Central Australia? This is a chance to live and work in some of Australia’s most iconic locations and work within a small tight knit team.
This is a full-time position for a Diesel Mechanic to work at our new Ayers Rock depot, located at 120-124 Giles Street, Yulara, Northern Territory . The role entails assisting in driving the maintenance of our fleet of modern luxury Coaches.
Reporting to the AYQ workshop Leading Hand, you will carry out vehicle inspections, repairs and servicing on our fleet of Scania’s, Cummins & Toyota vehicles.
You’ll work closely with our Alice Springs depot for efficiencies when it comes to parts ordering & suppliers to keep our fleet on the road during times of absence of the lead hand.
This is a chance to live and work in some of Australia’s most iconic location and work within a small tight knit team.
Pay rate of $43 per hour offered.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing your time for repairs, servicing and scheduled maintenance and ensuring they are completed efficiently to our high stringent safety and quality standards
- Working with operations to assist with vehicle availability & to minimise downtime
- Actively assisting with the day-to-day mechanical work, scheduled servicing & repairs/ breakdown
- Complete accurate Job cards detailing work performed & parts used
- Other general repairs as required around the depot.
- Reporting low stock levels & to work on continuous improvement with the leading hand in all facets of maintaining a large fleet of 30+ vehicles.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Relevant heavy diesel trade qualification
- Someone looking to expand their skill set.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an autonomous environment & to learn & share knowledge with the leading hand
- Strong understanding of WHS regulations
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to learn systems/programs quickly
- Be reliable, motivated, work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks
- Great time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Must be available to be on an on-call roster for afterhours & weekends as required, with minimum paid call-in periods
- Hold a current Heavy Rigid (HR) License or willingness to obtain
To be eligible for sponsorship, the candidate must:
- 2 years of work experience in the nominated occupation or relevant role
- Obtain a suitable and positive skills assessment if applicable
- Provide proof of English proficiency
- Police clearance from country of origin
Benefits & Perks:
- Full training provided – access to training with Scania & Cummins other key suppliers
- Sponsorship available
- Career development opportunities available
- Competitive hourly rate
- 4 weeks Annual leave
- Staff accommodation organised prior to your arrival. Just bring the essentials with you!
- Relocation assistance available up to $1000
- Staff domestic and international travel discounts for family and friends.
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for eligible employees.
- 2 team engagement days per year to share quality time with your team
- Access to retail discounts Employee Assistance Program
- 2 days paid leave per year for volunteer opportunities of your choice.
- Great working culture working with people who are passionate about travel
For more information please call David Cuzzubbo on +61 419 715 696 for a confidential discussion.
Who we are
A century ago, the Australian outback was but a twinkle in most travellers’ eyes. But thanks to visionaries like the Pyke family and Bill King, the way we explore the Land Down Under was about to change in unimaginable ways. Over the coming decades, maps were unfolded, desert cruisers and coaches were customised, and guides were trained.
From humble beginnings, the company now known as AAT Kings was going places few had gone before, pioneering new paths across Australia and New Zealand, and taking intrepid domestic and international travellers on a wild and wonderful ride.
The, AAT Kings Group (AAT Kings, Inspiring Journeys, SEIT Outback Australia and Down Under Tours) has grown to be Australia and New Zealand’s leading group touring company, delivering over 100 exceptional Guided Holidays, Short Breaks and Day Tour experiences across all corners of these magnificent destinations.
We are part of The Travel Corporation (TTC) where the philosophy is to create enriching experiences for traveller’s by combining an unbeatable mix of exceptional service and quality at great value.
At AAT Kings Group and our global family-owned parent company, The Travel Corporation (TTC), we believe in pushing boundaries to provide remarkable experiences.
The Travel Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We not only encourage and support diversity in the workplace, we celebrate it! If you feel you have the skills and experience to thrive in a supportive and inclusive environment, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this job please visit phe.tbe.taleo.net.