Website Discovery Holiday Parks
- Job no: 4R67N
- Be part of our newest Accommodation and Food & Beverage offering at Glen Helen Resort
- Free meals and accommodation provided
- Work for a stable, national company in the booming domestic tourism industry
No trip to Australia’s Red Centre would be complete without exploring the spectacular West MacDonnell Ranges with its dramatic gorges, scenic mountains and watering holes. A little over an hour from Alice Springs, Glen Helen Resort is a fantastic addition to any NT self-drive itinerary, taking travellers to the heart of the Ranges, with Glen Helen Gorge on their doorstep. Set among native bushland with sweeping outback views, holidaymakers can relax in convenience and comfort in extensive motel-style accommodation or make the most of spacious campsites.
Ideally located with easy day trip access to the whole West MacDonnell National Park, Glen Helen Resort offers a truly immersive outback holiday experience.
The resort has a restaurant and bar and, with exciting future development planned, Glen Helen Resort is set to become a must-visit destination along the Northern Territory’s favourite touring routes.
As the Head Chef, you will be responsible for providing an efficient and cost-effective food service, with the smooth day-to-day operation in a Commercial Kitchen consisting of rotating roster over breakfast, lunch and dinner, with consistent superior guest focus at the forefront of all activities. As a Chef you will achieve this through implementing a strong service focus and ensuring that efficient standards and practices are employed. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.You will assist in overseeing all kitchen employees, including training and performance development and will be responsible for providing delicious meals according to menu for guests residing at the Lodge
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience managing a kitchen in an a’ la carte restaurant or similar venue
- Attention to detail and ability to achieve highest standards of food quality
- A passion for food and creative flair
- Demonstrated track record meeting financial targets for food and labour costs
- Sound knowledge of HACCP and ability to maintain cleanliness and food safety regulations
- Friendly and flexible disposition that provides high levels of guest service and encourages feedback
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Personal grooming standards suited to a guest focused business
- Current drivers license
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends across the G’Day network of parks
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
- Meals and Accommodation included
We believe in creating experiences that people will always want more of. Inspiring and share worthy; the real stuff memories are made of.
How to Apply
If the above sounds like you then APPLY NOW!
Please visit the careers page on www.discoveryparks.com.au or via the link below. Please have your cover letter and resume together ready to upload.
Discovery Parks is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our staff, customers and the communities we operate in. Due to the latest highly contagious Covid-19 Delta variant, Discovery Parks has implemented a vaccination policy which requires all employees, wherever possible, to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. This covid vaccination policy applies to all new Discovery Parks employees.
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance and/or Working With Children’s Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges.
To apply for this job please visit www.livehire.com.