Website Discovery Holiday Parks
- Job no: X3RQR
- Exciting times ahead with a pending redevelopment!
- Enjoy discounts across the 300+ G’day Group network of holiday parks
- Work for a stable, national company in the booming domestic tourism industry
G’day Group comprises three leading Australian tourism brands in Discovery Parks, G’day Parks and loyalty program G’day Rewards. Employing more than 1500 people Australia-wide, G’day Group has a truly national footprint of over 280 holiday parks, including 65 fully owned and operated parks. The largest park network in the country, we’re about authentic Australian holiday experiences and inviting all Aussies to say g’day to more of Australia.
We’re on a journey of growth and evolution to reshape the industry, offering the best customer experience underpinned by the best technology. With eyes on domestic and regional tourism like never before we are building a passionate, adaptable, high performance team to deliver holiday memories that put a smile in every g’day.
Discovery Parks Broome in Roebuck Bay is right on the beach and boosts uninterrupted views of the West’s finest turquoise waters. The park itself has a mix of caravan accommodation and powered and unpowered sites (34 in total) and is dog friendly.
We are looking for an individual or couple with strong leadership and a customer-centric and hands-on approach, with demonstrated experience in hospitality management or managing an accommodation-based business. You will be dedicated, driven, and able to ensure the delivery of exceptional guest service whilst achieving revenue targets, managing expenses and guiding the day to day work and development of a dedicated team. Most importantly, you will bring with you a passion for the holiday park lifestyle!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Recruitment, management and leadership of a diverse park team including administration, housekeeping, grounds, maintenance, customer service and possibly a range of permanent customers that live on site
- Team training and development
- Proactively planning and implementing sales and marketing activities in line with customer needs
- Financial management – operating, reporting, delivering and implementing budgets
- Maximising revenue opportunities
- Asset management
- Office administration
- Leading by example ensuring efficient management practices are employed, maintaining compliance with safety, statutory and brand standards
- Attending to after hours call outs
Skills & Experience
We are looking for:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in hospitality management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven and demonstrated experience in managing, developing and training staff
- Strong computer skills, especially in the MS Office suite
- A good understanding of yield management
- Awareness of contemporary sales and marketing principles and practices
- Previous experience with RMS or similar reservations systems – desired
- Current valid Drivers Licence – essential
As a Park Manager you are required to live on site – all inclusive accommodation and utilities are provided for as part of your total remuneration package.
- A competitive salary with annual bonus based on KPI’s
- Professional development and opportunities to grow personally as well as professionally
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
How To Apply
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. If you already have a Police Clearance valid within the last 6 months, please upload a copy to your profile.
Discovery Parks is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our staff, customers and the communities we operate in. Due to the latest highly contagious Covid-19 Delta variant, Discovery Parks has implemented a vaccination policy which requires all employees, wherever possible, to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. This covid vaccination policy applies to all new Discovery Parks employees.
To apply for this job please visit www.livehire.com.