Website Summerstar Tourist Parks
Summerstar Tourist Parks
Summerstar has a position available for a couple to work as Park Managers in full-time roles, at Esperance Bay Holiday Park in Esperance, Western Australia.
Summerstar Tourist Parks is a group of family-owned and operated Western Australian caravan parks and tourist parks. We operate in the following locations:
Ceduna, Esperance, Walpole, Margaret River, Busselton, Jurien Bay, Geraldton, Horrocks Beach, Kalbarri, Carnarvon, Eighty Mile Beach, Broome & Tom Price.
The successful applicants will have experience in the holiday park industry and be ready to take responsibility for the smooth functioning of the Park. We are seeking a competent, ‘hands-on’ Management team with a positive outlook, enthusiasm, great leadership, and people management skills.
Common tasks performed by the Park Managers include but are not limited to:
- Park Operations, organisation and participation, including out-of-hours responsibilities
- Completion of grounds-keeping tasks to ensure a high standard is maintained throughout the park via the mowing of lawns, garden maintenance, painting, stripping rooms, bins etc.
- Reception and on-site shop duties, answering the telephone and check-ins/outs
- Night patrols & being available for after-hours call-outs
- Maximising revenue opportunities
- Social media and marketing activities
- End of month reporting
- Financial management – operating, reporting, delivering and implementing budgets
- Seasonal activities, including kids’ activities etc.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Competent handyman and office skills
- Physically fit
- Comprehensive team leadership experience
- Sound understanding of the financial drivers of a business
- Computer literate with RMS experience
- Flexible attitude with regard to work hours
- Tourist park management or assistant management experience is essential.
These are both ‘hands-on’ roles. As Park Managers of our Park, you will both be required to personally undertake the full range of Park tasks, with the help of a small team of casual staff.
An immediate start is available; however, we are willing to wait for the right couple.
The successful applicant couple, must either currently hold a police clearance, first aid certificate, and WA driver’s licence, or be able to acquire before the arranged start date.
Furnished accommodation is included as part of the package, a nominal fee ($25 per week, per couple, applies).
If you have initial enquiries or to apply, please send via email to email@example.com
In your cover letter, please answer the following questions in your application
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years of experience do you have as a Park Manager?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- How many years of experience do you have as a Holiday Park Assistant?
- What is your expected annual base salary (each or combined, please specify)?
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org