Website Discovery Holiday Parks
- Job no: 88GQF
- Work in one of our iconic resorts set to undergo a major redevelopment
- Great opportunities for growth and development
- Work for a stable, national company in the booming domestic tourism industry
Located in scenic Victor Harbor amongst stunning beaches, picturesque landscapes and a vast array of attractions, McCracken Country Club is the number one choice for accommodation, dining, golf and functions on the Fleurieu Peninsula. Home to the Tony Cashmore designed championship McCracken Golf Course, the resort is all about relaxation and comfort.
McCracken Country Club is one of the newest properties in the Discovery Parks portfolio. Discovery Parks are the largest owner and operator of holiday parks in Australia, and the industry leader. We own and operate over 70 Discovery branded resorts, holiday and workforce parks, and also own the G’Day Parks network of parks – taking our portfolio to in excess of 300 parks and resorts nationally. We directly employ over 1,800 people across Australia.
At the heart of Discovery Parks are happy people: happy customers and happy staff. We are building a passionate, adaptable, high performance team that works together to help our customers discover what matters.
As the second in charge of the restaurant kitchen, the Sous Chef has many overarching responsibilities. You will be responsible for providing an efficient and cost-effective food service, with the smooth day-to-day operation in a Commercial Kitchen consisting of rotating roster over breakfast & dinner, with consistent superior guest focus at the forefront of all activities. As a Sous Chef you will achieve this through implementing a strong service focus and ensuring that efficient standards and practices are employed. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.
You will assist in overseeing kitchen employees, including training and performance development when required. You will be responsible for providing our diverse dining options for guests of our function centre. You will also liaise with front of house and events staff to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of daily services and events are met.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Previous Chef experience and cooking in a similar environment and level
- Formal trade qualifications in commercial cooking or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in electronic purchase ordering and cost management
- Proven experience in planning and developing menus
- Proven ability to work within a team and autonomously
- Ability to prep and organise ahead
- Excellent communication skills
- Current First Aid Certificate is highly desirable
- HACCP experience essential, with a high emphasis on food hygiene
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends across the G’Day network of parks
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
We believe in creating experiences that people will always want more of. Inspiring and share worthy; the real stuff memories are made of.
Do you want to discover more to life? Then apply now!
How to Apply
Discovery what matters – APPLY NOW! Visit the careers page at www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au or via the link below.
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police and Working With Children Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. If you already have a Police Clearance valid within the last 6 months, please upload a copy to your profile.
To apply for this job please visit www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au.