Each State and Territory has its own authority that administers Occupational Health and Safety tickets and licences (such as crane, forklift or high risk work licences). If you are undertaking certain ‘high risk’ activities in the workplace, you may be required to: obtain a permit notify your State’s Occupational Health and Safety authority register certain equipment or hold a licence or certificate of competency. If you need a ticket or licence for any of the positions you are applying for (or if you already have these, and want to find out if your current tickets will be valid interstate), you can contact the employer directly or the relevant authority for the State you will be working in. The Occupational Health and Safety authorities for each State (and the Commonwealth) are: SafeWork NSW – www.safework.nsw.gov.au WorkSafe ACT – www.worksafe.act.gov.au WorkSafe Victoria – www.worksafe.vic.gov.au Workplace Health and Safety Queensland – www.deir.qld.gov.au/workplace/index.htm WorkSafe Tasmania – www.worksafe.tas.gov.au SafeWork SA – www.safework.sa.gov.au NT WorkSafe – www.worksafe.nt.gov.au WorkSafe WA – www.worksafe.wa.gov.au Safework Australia – www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au