We’re often asked what tickets, qualifications or checks are useful to get as an extra ‘feather in your cap’. Depending on the type of work you are looking for (and where), you might find these useful: Working with Children Check If you are planning to undertake any positions that involve contact with children (eg driving school buses, childcare etc), you will need a Working With Children Check (WWCC) or a Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) registration (depending on the state you are in).nThe WWCC and WWVP are required for anyone who works or volunteers in child-related work or with vulnerable people. They involve a National Police Check (criminal history record check) and a review of reportable workplace misconduct.nTo obtain a WWCC in your state or find out more information go to the following links:nNew South Wales ACT Queensland Victoria Tasmania South Australia Western Australia Northern Territory Police Check A ‘police check’, involves comparing an individual’s details (such as name and date of birth) against a central index of names to determine if the details of that individual matches any others who have police history information. A police check may be used to help in screening individuals prior to employment.nPolice checks can be quickly and easily obtained through Australia Post.nFor more information, click here.nQueensland Driver Authority In order to undertake employment as driver on a public passenger service in Queensland, you will need to obtain a Driver Authority.nFor more information, and to apply, click here.