Other Useful Tickets

If you’re not looking for work in the hospitality, harvest or caravan park industries, there are still a number of qualifications, checks and tickets that you can get as an extra ‘feather in your cap’.

Working with Children Check

If you are planning to undertake any positions that involve contact with children (eg driving school buses, childcare etc), you will need a Working With Children Check (WWCC) or a Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) registration (depending on the state you are in). The WWCC and WWVP are required for anyone who works or volunteers in child-related work or with vulnerable people. They involve a National Police Check (criminal history record check) and a review of reportable workplace misconduct. To obtain a WWCC in your state or find out more information go to the following links:

Police Check

A ‘police check’, involves comparing an individual’s details (such as name and date of birth) against a central index of names to determine if the details of that individual matches any others who have police history information. A police check may be used to help in screening individuals prior to employment. Police checks can be quickly and easily obtained through Australia Post. For more information, click here.

Queensland Driver Authority

In order to undertake employment as driver on a public passenger service in Queensland, you will need to obtain a Driver Authority. For more information, and to apply, click here.