If you are wanting to work in a caravan park (particularly as a park manager or manager’s assistant), there are a number of qualifications that you can gain to help you get a foot in the door.

What qualifications and training you need will depend on the type of work you are wanting to do.

If you are looking for front office work, then you will generally need some knowledge of park booking systems, such as RMS (Reservation Management System) or Newbook. Many parks are happy to train you in their particular software, however if you have training in one of these already, it gives you an advantage.

There are also short practical park management training courses available. These help to give you practical training in reception and reservation services as well as safe work practices that are required in a park.

If you are keen to take your learning a little further to become a fully qualified park manager, you can undergo the full Certificate III or IV in Holiday Parks and Resorts, the Certificate III in Tourism, or Certificate IV in Travel and Tourism.nThere are a number of training providers around Australia who provide training in Caravan Park Management and Tourism…just make sure you check out their compliance as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).

But as always…the best skills to take into any job are a “can do” attitude and a willingness to learn!