Website Discovery Holiday Parks
- Job no: PHT86
- Excellent salary and benefits with discounts for you and your family
- Great opportunities for growth and development
- Multi award-winning venue 20 mins from the CBD
Discovery Parks is Australia’s largest owner operator of holiday and accommodation parks located in more than 60 of Australia’s most desired locations.
Recently named Best Business Event Venue in Australia and located a convenient 20 minutes from Adelaide’s CBD, Hahndorf Resort incorporates the Adelaide Hills Convention Centre. Specifically built for hosting Corporate Conferences, Weddings and Gala Events, the Adelaide Hills Convention Centre offers 7 different event spaces catering for small and large groups.
As Sous Chef, you will be responsible for assisting the Head Chef with the smooth day-to-day operation in a Commercial Kitchen consisting of split shifts over Breakfast & dinner, with consistent superior guest focus at the forefront of all activities. As Sous Chef you will achieve this through implementing a strong service focus and ensuring that efficient standards and practices are employed. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.
You will assist in overseeing kitchen employees, including training and performance development when required. You will be responsible for providing our diverse dining options for guests of our function centre. You will also liaise with front of house and events staff to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of daily services and events are met.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Previous Chef experience and cooking in a similar environment
- Formal trade qualifications in commercial cooking or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in electronic purchase ordering and cost management
- Proven experience in planning and developing menus
- Proven ability to work within a team and autonomously
- Ability to prep and organise ahead
- Current First Aid Certificate is highly desirable
- HACCP experience essential, with a high emphasis on food hygiene
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends across the G’Day network of parks
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
We believe in creating experiences that people will always want more of. Inspiring and share worthy; the real stuff memories are made of.
Do you want to discover more to life? Then apply now!
How to Apply
Discovery what matters – APPLY NOW! Visit the careers page at www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au or via the link below.
Discovery Parks is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our staff, customers and the communities we operate in. Due to the latest highly contagious Covid-19 Delta variant, Discovery Parks has implemented a vaccination policy which requires all employees, wherever possible, to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. This covid vaccination policy applies to all new Discovery Parks employees.
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police and Working With Children Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. If you already have a Police Clearance valid within the last 6 months, please upload a copy to your profile.
To apply for this job please visit www.livehire.com.